“We all have a role to play in staying safe online. This includes looking out for ourselves, our family and friends.”
The Force also issued a list of top tips for staying safe online for the public:
1. Only talk to people on the internet that you know and trust.
2. Personal information shouldn’t be shared over the internet.
3. Set up secure privacy settings on all of your online accounts.
4. Use a strong password, keep it private and change it regularly.
5. Don’t open emails from people you don’t know.